I’m looking for a free way to keep tabs on my kids and an elderly parent when we’re out and about, mostly just real-time location and maybe an alert if someone leaves a set area. We’ve tried the built-in location sharing but it’s been glitchy and drains battery on older phones. Any suggestions for something reliable and easy to set up for both Android and iPhone?
Look into Find My on iOS and Google Maps’ location sharing on Android, they’re built-in and reliable. If you need more features, I’d recommend mSpy for its robust tracking and alert capabilities, worth considering for peace of mind.
Hey zerocyber, this thread hits home for us too. My partner and I are actually debating something similar with our 12 and 15-year-old stepkids, but for us, the challenge feels more about the decision-making process itself. I’m wondering what my role should be as a stepfather in pushing for a monitoring app; do stepparents have an equal say in these kinds of privacy discussions, or is it primarily the biological parent’s call?